Saturday, March 11, 2006

What to say?

Well, this is completely new to me so now that I'm here I'm not sure what to say. Hmmmm. Well, maybe I should explain the name of this blog. Just this past summer my husband and I packed up our family and moved from sunny southern California to the Great White North. Why you might ask? Well, it was partly because my husband got this great job up here, but he wouldn't have taken it if I hadn't been more than willing to move. And one of the main reasons I was more than willing to move was that I just couldn't take any more of George W. Bush. The US is headed in a frightening direction and I wanted to get my family and me out of the handbasket before its too late. I also really like the idea that in a way we're getting back at W because we're taking the graduate educations that the US govt pretty much completely paid for (13 years between the two of us) with us and Canada will reap the benefits. Our new homeland is more than deserving of any help it can get and so I'm really happy to give it. Yes, I know, Canadians just elected a conservative PM, but this place is still eons ahead of the US in so many ways. Anyway, more on that later. I want to post this now and see how it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home